Looking for something to do this weekend? Why not join the free festivities at Jewry Wall on Sunday 6th March (11.30am – 3.30pm) and help the museum celebrate its 50th Anniversary.
Jewry Wall Museum, Leicester’s only purpose-built history museum, opened its doors on 4th March, 1966. To celebrate, the Friends of Jewry Wall have organised a day full of fun events for all the family.
There will be:
- Tours of the Roman Baths and the museum’s treasurers
- Historical re-enactments
- A talk on the story of the museum
- A Roman coin die where you can strike your own anniversary souvenir
- Children’s activities
- Anglo-Saxon activities
- Woad face painting
- Dressing up as a Saxon warrior and a medieval knight
- An ancient port pie and medieval ploughman’s lunch
- And more…
For more information, visit the museum’s website on http://www.leicester.gov.uk/leisure-and-culture/museums-and-galleries/our-venues/jewry-wall-museum